Weekly Paideia Family Memo – February 25
Good evening Paideia families!
I hope you are had a wonderful weekend. Please read the following memo for updates and reminders.
We are here to…empower the whole person- body, mind, spirit, heart- through education.
Dr. Brian Winsor
Paideia Academies, Inc.
Habit of the Week: Habit 1: Be Proactive.
“You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius
Suggestions for teaching Habit 1 throughout the week (Focus on the pillar “Body”):
- Discuss and analyze how the characters you are reading about in school are (or are not) proactive
- Discuss and analyze morning quotes about being proactive https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/proactive
Discuss with your scholar the practices of habit 1:
- Pause and respond based on principles and desired results
- Use proactive language
- Focus on your circle of influence
- Become a transition person
Have scholars discuss examples in their own lives of being proactive and any connection it has to family and their education at Paideia
Leader in Me:
Continue to model and utilize leadership notebooks in your classrooms. Keep in mind the purpose of the notebook:
- The notebook should be a reflection of each scholar
Allow your scholars to choose what they would like to put in their Victories/Celebration section—writing pieces they are proud of, blue
ribbons, certificates, math papers they are proud of, etc.
- Track lead measures along the way (use lead measure list—let me know if you would like another copy of this)
The next step is having a cadence of accountability. If you’re ready for that next step in your leadership notebook use in your classroom,
check out the blog below!
Leader in Me Weekly Blog
Cadence of Accountability: https://limweekly.org/cadence-of-accountability/
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING LEADERSHIP DAY!
Leadership Day will NOT be on March 8th. It has been rescheduled to Friday, April 26.
Upcoming this Week:
- Math and Science Week
- March 1 – Spring Festival 5:00-8:00 pm
- March 1 – Deadline to turn in your scholar’s “Intent to return to Paideia” form. If you don’t turn in the form you may be placed on a waiting list so hurry and get the form turned in to your scholar’s teacher.
- March 4 – Open Enrollment for non-Paideia students.
Math and Science Week
February 25-March 1
- Math or Science Seminar- ask your scholar to tell you about seminar!
- Scholar/Family Bridge Building Challenge – to be completed at home and brought to Spring Festival March 1—We sent out a blast and posted to Facebook.
- Spring Festival on March 1, 5:00 to 8:00.